Friday, June 26, 2015

Change coming...

It appears that I will be leaving my nursing home and moving into an assisted living facility in August. I wanted to move into an apartment, but Medicaid would not approve that. The only real difference between that place and this one is that the new place has a kitchenette with a fridge and microwave. I still need help with certain things because my left foot does not want to lie flat to allow me to walk. Hopefully I will get some physical therapy at the new place so that I can be more handy with my walker. My biggest disappointment is that I cannot bring my cat back to live with me there.

AFAIK, the cancer is subsiding a bit. I was told my cancer markers have shrunk. I am also eating better and gaining weight since the chemo has finished. I'm on a hormone pill to keep the cancer at bay.

A few weeks ago I went to a Women's Cancer Support group at the hospital in Ottawa. The ladies were very nice and I look forward to going again in August.

That's really all for now. Maybe more to report later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment